Woolworths Select White Gluten Free Corn Tortillas Review
Looking for gluten free corn tortillas? Look no more! Woolworths Select offer gluten free White Corn Tortillas in a pack of 10. Similar in size to an entree plate, they make a fantastic tortilla for snacks, wraps, soft tacos and my personal favourite, pizzas!
FOR TOP TASTE, TRY COOKING AS FOLLOWS…
As may be implied from the note on the packaging, “best toasted or fried”, the tortillas are not very nice to eat straight from the packet – they taste dry, rubbery and lack flavour. However, I find they taste fantastic when:
- lightly sprayed with extra virgin olive oil on each side and fried over medium-heat in a medium-sized fry pan, until light golden and slightly crispy on both sides
- placed under the grill to toast with a topping of your choice
- used as a pizza base on high heat in a pizza oven, for 3 to 4 minutes
GLUTEN FREE CORN TORTILLA USES
I always have a stash of these tortillas in my pantry as they are a great go-to option for:
- a quick snack with light toppings, such as tomato paste, cheese and herbs; or
- as part of a heartier meal, such as wraps, soft tacos or pizza
You might like to check out our Mushroom and Fetta Gluten Free Pizza Recipe, which uses these tortillas as a delicious, light base.
How do you use gluten free corn tortillas in your kitchen? I’d love to hear your ideas in the comments box below. Happy cooking!