Gluten Free Wraps Recipe (Moroccan Lamb)
My favourite dinner recipes are those that are fast, tasty and nutritious. This is one of them! I just LOVE gluten-free Moroccan spice mix, particularly with lamb. And I love gluten free wraps. So this gluten free wraps recipe with Moroccan lamb is a perfect combination of the two… And takes next to no time to prepare, winning!
GLUTEN FREE WRAPS RECIPE (MOROCCAN LAMB)
by Gluten Is The Devil
<SERVES 4 as a meal>
25 minutes preparation/cooking time
YOU WILL NEED…
- x2 Chopping boards
- x2 Knives (one to dice lamb, another to slice tomato and cucumber)
- x6 Dinner plates
- x1 Large fry pan
- Measuring spoons
- Plastic-coated tongs
- x2 Medium fry pans
- Aluminium foil
- x2 tomatoes
- x1 large Lebanese cucumber
- x2 handfuls of baby spinach leaves
- 500g lamb steaks
- x2 to 4 tablespoons gluten-free Moroccan lamb spice mix
- x8 gluten-free corn tortillas
- extra virgin olive oil spray
- 1/2 cup freshly grated tasty cheese
- gluten-free low fat natural yoghurt
- 1/3 cup loosely packed mint leaves
1. Using one of the chopping boards and the appropriate knife, dice the tomatoes into ~2cm pieces. Slice the Lebanese cucumber lengthways and then slice each half into pieces ~7mm wide. Place the diced tomatoes, sliced cucumber and the two handfuls of baby spinach onto a dinner plate (leaving room for the cheese at a later stage).
2. Pre-heat the large fry pan over medium heat. Lightly spray the pan with the extra virgin olive oil spray. Meanwhile, using the remaining chopping board and relevant knife, dice the lamb steaks into 2cm pieces. Place the lamb into the pre-heated pan and lightly spray it with extra virgin olive oil. Using the measuring spoon, measure out and add 2 to 4 tablespoons or so of gluten-free Moroccan lamb spice to the lamb (to your liking) and toss the meat with the plastic-coated tongs until it is coated with the spice. Fry the lamb over medium to high heat until it is browned all over and cooked to your liking on the inside (for approximately five to ten minutes).
3. Meanwhile, place the two medium fry pans over medium to high heat. Lightly spray each of the pans with the extra virgin olive oil. Lightly spray each side of the corn tortillas and add one at a time to each pan. Lightly toast each side, tortilla by tortilla, and use the spatula to flip the tortillas when necessary. Place the lightly fried tortillas onto a separate plate and cover with foil, to keep warm (if you wish). As the tortillas are frying, grate the fresh tasty cheese.
4. Place two tortillas onto each of the remaining dinner plates. Divide the spinach leaves, tomato, cucumber and Moroccan lamb amongst the eight tortillas. Add a teaspoon (or more if you wish!) of the gluten-free low fat natural yoghurt to each tortilla, and top with some tasty cheese and mint leaves. Eat immediately for best results! Enjoy.